Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Extraordinary Desserts: A Very Deadly Heaven








Dear food lovers.

Or rather, dessert lovers:

I now work at a restaurant called Extraordinary Desserts. Featured on Food Network for their Dulce de Leche cake on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate," a mosaic of eye-popping desserts greet you inside a glass case. Made fresh and exquisitely garnished with orchids, roses, and ribbon.

A heavenly place to work because the other night I stuffed my face with a footlong Danish. Deadly because I'm a Type I Diabetic. *Insert rimshot here*

Heaven and death aside, I need to express my pure love for a cake called the "Gianduia." Pronounced "John-Do-Ya," it's a cake that literally will knock your socks off and kick Lonely to the side.

Chocolate cake is layered with hazelnut buttercream and chocolate mousse. Two separate layers of blackberry preserve lie within the cake, giving it a light fruity flavor without overpowering the chocolate. The perfect balance between fruit and chocolate! The best part: a hazelnut praline that covers the outer layer, giving each bite a textured crunch and a nutty aroma post-swallow. It is MM MM DELICIOUS.



No comments:

Post a Comment